MONTHLY GIFTS – JOIN THE GROUNDSWELL!
Groundswell Givers are a special group of our most committed supporters making a recurring gift of any amount each month. Groundswells occur at sea in response to a seismic disturbance. In the same way, our Groundswell Givers are a powerful force of support for Reef Check in response to man-made disturbances inflicted upon the ocean. Ongoing, unrestricted donations are critically important to Reef Check as they provide us with steady support that we know we can count on as we work together to make a difference in reef conservation.
Your tax-deductible generosity will fuel critical scientific monitoring efforts worldwide and will offer sustainable conservation solutions to the extraordinary ecosystems we all depend upon. Your ongoing support will be put to use immediately and multiplied by our powerful network of thousands of volunteers, maximizing the impact of your donation.
Donate here and select Monthly from the pulldown menu.
Are you looking for a way to make a big difference for reefs around the world? If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help continue our conservation work while taking advantage of tax benefits.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to Reef Check Foundation
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help Reef Check protect and care for reefs around the world
How to make a gift from an IRA charitable rollover
- Click here for a sample letter.
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Reef Check
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to Reef Check to help continue our important conservation work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
- Individual retirement accounts do not allow the donor to receive any benefit in return for the charitable donation.
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.
GIFTS OF STOCK
A gift of stock is an easy and effective way for you to support Reef Check and help save reefs around the world.
With a gift of stock, you can:
- Avoid paying capital gains tax
- Receive a charitable income tax deduction
- Enjoy possible increased income
- Have a positive impact on reefs and kelp forests!
To make a gift by electronic transfer, contact Brooke Truesdale at 619-454-4649 for delivery instructions to make a transfer from your brokerage account to Reef Check Foundation.
If you hold securities in certificate form, you will need to use two envelopes to complete your gift. In the first, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other, include a signed stock power for each certificate. You may obtain this from your broker or bank. Please remember to use certified mail.
By leaving a gift to Reef Check through a bequest, you are ensuring that the critical work you care about continues for future generations. Not only will you leave a lasting legacy to be remembered, but you can also ease the burden of taxes on your family and potentially receive estate tax savings. For specific advice about the effect of any planning concept on your tax or financial situation or with your estate, please consult a qualified professional advisor.
It is easy to create a bequest to benefit Reef Check, simply by including language in your will or trust as part of your estate plan.
To discuss the benefit and impacts of a bequest, please contact Brooke Truesdale at 619-454-4649.