Newly certified kelp forest surveyor in San Diego (Photo: Vincent Pederson)
EcoDivers from Reef Check United Arab Emirates (Photo: Emirates Diving Association)
Sea otter in the Tanker’s Reef Restoration site (Photo: Annie Bauer-Civiello)
Annie Bauer-Civiello, underwater at Big Sur Reef Restoration site (Photo: Calvin Abbott)
Reef Check EcoDiver in Tobago (Photo: ERIC – Environmental Research Institute Charlotteville/ Don Markham)
Dive into Science participants Dante Peterson and Carol Martinez are all smiles after a great dive (Photo: Morgan Murphy-Cannella)
Reef Checkers in Washington pose for a team picture after completing their field weekend
Antelope Valley Dive into Science cohort ready to dive (Photo: Marco Mazza)
As we approach the end of another year, I find myself reflecting on the incredible achievements we have accomplished together in 2023. On behalf of the entire Reef Check team, I want to express my deepest gratitude to our global community of volunteers, donors, and partners. Without your unwavering support, none of this would have been possible.
Throughout the year, Reef Check has dedicated countless hours to the vital task of monitoring coral reefs and kelp forests, restoring habitats impacted by climate change, and advocating for environmental justice and equity. Our tireless efforts have yielded remarkable results, and I couldn’t be prouder of what we have achieved together.
I invite you to take a moment to explore some of our collective accomplishments in 2023, which are detailed in the links provided below. It is my hope that you will find inspiration and joy in reading about the positive impact we have made on our precious marine ecosystems.
As we look forward to the new year, I ask you to consider a donation to Reef Check if you are in a position to do so. Your generous contributions play a crucial role in enabling us to meet the growing demand for our work. Every donation is deeply appreciated and helps us continue our mission of protecting and preserving our oceans.
As we enter the holiday season, I want to extend my warmest wishes to you and your loved ones. May this festive time bring you joy, peace, and a renewed sense of hope. Here’s to a new year filled with even greater achievements and continued collaboration in the name of marine conservation.
With heartfelt gratitude,
Reef Check Foundation
Kelp Forest Program
- Dirk Burcham Golden Slate Award Recipients Named
- Reef Check Receives San Diego Foundation Grant for Baja Kelp Forests
- Spotted! Sunflower star in Northern California
Coral Reef Program
- Allen Coral Atlas Releases Updated Coral Bleaching Tool
- Reef Check St. Kitts & Nevis Partner Secures Funding for Programs
- Reef Check Malaysia Celebrates 16 Years
- United Arab Emirates Hosts Vital Reef Check Course
- Signs of Hope in the Maldives
- Reef Check Takes Restoration Pledge in Support of the Kelp Forest Challenge
- Experiment.com: Kelp Forest Restoration and Monitoring using Community Science
- Reef Check Big Sur Restoration Efforts
- Tales From Tanker’s Reef