2022 was a great year for Reef Check and we owe that to you— our global community of volunteers, donors, and partners. We could not be prouder of what we have achieved together this year. Reef Check has grown in every aspect: monitoring coral reefs around the world and kelp forests along the West Coast, restoration and education all have increased and hit new heights.
We hope you will take a moment to read through some of the highlights of 2022 linked below. Enjoy and celebrate these achievements and please know that none of this would have been possible without you.
Kelp Forest Program
- Reef Check Expands into Washington State
- Invasive Seaweed Found in California Marine Protected Area
- Banner Year for Kelp Forest Monitoring
- Annie Bauer-Civiello Joins Reef Check as Restoration Program Director
- Restoration of Northern California Bull Kelp Forests Report
- Volunteer Divers Successfully Restore Kelp at Tankers Reef
- New Kelp Restoration Site in Big Sur
Coral Reef Program
- New Research from Florida Tech Uses Reef Check Data to Identify Coral Reef ‘Bright Spots’
- New Reef Check Program Launches in Ecuador
- Reef Check Malaysia Celebrates 15 Years
- Reef Check’s Tropical Program Reaches Milestone
As we look forward to next year, we ask you to consider a donation to Reef Check if you are in a position to do so. Your generous contributions are what enable us to meet the increasing demand for our work and we are truly grateful for each and every donation we receive. We have several different ways you can make a financial contribution to Reef Check including gifts of stock, IRA rollover contributions, and matching gifts.
We wish you a happy holiday season and best wishes for a healthy and peaceful new year ahead!